@IMG2ASCII is a bot that will take an image you send to it, and make it look like the ASCII art of the 80s and 90s.
You can send any image and it will tweet the results back to you. If you want, you can pass a few options:
- Width: Pass along #hires for a high-resolution image, #medres for a medium-resolution image, or #lowres for a low-resolution image.
Dither: You can specify the dithering algorithm you would
like to use. There's a few options to choose from:
- #none: no dithering
- #ordered2: 2x2 ordered dithering
- #ordered4: 4x4 ordered dithering
- #ordered8: 8x8 ordered dithering
- #random: random dithering
- #fstein: Floyd-Steinberg dithering
NOTE: If you don't pass an option, a random option will be chosen for you
Also, if you dot-reply to the bot, it will dot-reply back to you with the results.
The bot relies almost entirely on the libcaca graphics library, so thanks to the creators!Tweets by @IMG2ASCII